Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gordon Campbell; It's not easy being Green

They always say, it's not easy being green. I don't recall ever having a single nice thing to say about Gordon Campbell since I have been living in Vancouver. The largest point of contention was the carbon tax, and I was so blinded by my opposition to the carbon tax that I didn't even see what the government was going to do with the increased revenue. The local media have been so pre-occupied with minor scandals and outrages that they haven't really been reporting what is coming on the horizon for British Columbia. There is an army of highly skilled workers building massive new infrastructure of hydro-electricity, and the power lines are being erected and are getting closer to Vancouver by the day. They are paying out a lot of overtime hours on this project. There will be a massive infusion of hydro electricity into BC on the near horizon. I don't believe Al Gore, but I also want to cut global dependence on crude because I would love to diminish the bank accounts in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and especially Russia.

Should Gordon Campbell himself read this; I'd say to him that I have opposed several of his policy positions, but I still voted for his party in the last election. The NDP sucks that much. Yes they do. I was so upset over paying extra money each week filling my car with gasoline that I did not look into what you are doing with the money. I might owe you an apology.

I would not like to direct you to something I wrote in May, right around the time I was opposing the Campbell Liberals while voting for them. And for Tory readers that don't already know, in BC the provincial Liberal party is considered the right wing party. BC votes around 40% federally for the Tories.

pragmatictory.blogspot.com/2009/05/its-not-easy-being-green.html

2 comments:

  1. Hydro's not that green: you have to flood valleys which tend to be the wintering ground of wildlife, not to mention where roads go and food is grown (even if it's just locally). All the trees have to be removed, and the rotting vegetation is another issue. Just where is this new development anyway? And, wait, there will be a major branch line running due south to better markets - that's the history of B C Hydro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, BC has plenty of wildlife to spare. A few flood plains don't bother me. I just want them to make sure that they aren't blocking the salmon.

    ReplyDelete